Monday, October 18, 2010

Garsh...Garsh Brooks.

The countdown's been on awhile...the countdown until I could adventure again, get on a plane and fly into Neverland. This time in Neverland, they speak Thai, send lanterns full of wishes into the sky, and eat clotted pigs' blood. What in Great-Aunt Shirley's left pinky have I gotten myself into? I'm officially two days away from the newest-biggest-adventure of my life, more risky than any dumpster diving or tunneling session. It feels like the last hurrah before I come back and settle into a city, a job, a 'grown up' way of life.

So why is it hard to leave? I know I'll miss my family, miss friends, even miss hauling trash with my brother. (Uh..yeah. No take backs, I will miss it.). But is that it? I think the hardest part is that I know I can't come back unchanged. No way, no how. And good Lord, I stink at change! There's nothing that I can't do with this strength that isn't mine, but change comes pretty close to beating me every time. So I hope that over the next couple of months, as I write and ramble and say things that make no sense, all y'all will read my adventures and troubles, and tell me yours. Mostly, tell me yours :]

"When love is your greatest weakness you will be the strongest person in the world."

No comments:

Post a Comment